Hidden gutters, also known as built-in gutters, are often a classic feature of character homes and have the unique benefit of being very long-lasting. In light of their longevity however, these gutters tend to be easily forgotten about until serious water damage begins to take shape. In a typical hidden gutter repair project, we find and treat:
- Leaking or cracked seams
- Dry rot to the sub-fascia board
- Discoloration and rot to the fascia board
- Discoloration and rot to the truss tailings of the building (extreme cases).
- Interior water stains to walls and ceilings (drywall damage).
- Weakening of the exterior structure of the home that can compromise it’s integrity.
This often the result of poorly installed gutter systems. For small to medium sized homes, the cost of replacing a hidden gutter system can start at over $5000. Trying hidden gutter repair usually the right first step for homeowners and stratas. We identify common problem areas and retro-fit the system so that it can continue to do its job, resulting in thousands of dollars in savings. If the system is beyond repair, we will help you with total system replacement.